Enable virtualization on MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
Boxes is an easy way to quickly try out other Linux distributions, for example the current or next release of Debian (Unofficial non-free images including firmware packages). You simply download the ISO-file and spin it up virtually in Boxes, without actually installing it.
To install Boxes:
$ sudo apt install gnome-boxes
You need to enable virtualization in the BIOS, and this is how you enable virtualization on the MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard:
- Reboot and press "Delete" key about once a second to enter BIOS
- Select "OC" (”Overclocking Settings”)
- Scroll down to "CPU Features"
- Change "SVM Mode" to "Enabled"
- Click ”Settings” > ”Save & Exit” > ”Save Changes & Reboot”
Check if virtualization is enabled and KVM module loaded:
$ gnome-boxes --checks The CPU is capable of virtualization: yes The KVM module is loaded: yes